Living with my family in the region
Families in Coaticook can take advantage of a myriad of services and resources. From the local sports centre to various health institutions, the 12 municipalities ensure residents’ well-being through a multitude of establishments, organizations and associations.
For your children:
- La Maison de la famille de la MRC de Coaticook
- Preschool services with the Passe-Partout program
- La Petite Abeille (preschool)
- Three daycares (Compton and Coaticook)
- La Halte-garderie de la Maison de la famille de la MRC de Coaticook
- Municipal day camps offered in 8 of the 12 municipalities
- 10 preschool and primary school institutions
- 1 public and 2 private secondary schools
- A number of parks and park-schools
- 7 municipal libraries
- The Gérard-Couillard arena
Health and social services:
- Centre de santé et de services sociaux de la MRC-de-Coaticook, with a 24-hour emergency room
- Family clinic run by the family physician group GMF des Frontières
- Centre d’action bénévole de la MRC de Coaticook (volunteer centre)
- Clinique Synergie Santé de Waterville
- Association des personnes handicapées de la MRC de Coaticook (for persons with disabilities)
- L’Éveil (community mental health resource)
- Troubadours de la vie
- Centre jeunesse de l’Estrie (youth centre)
Also available to the public is a sports centre featuring activities for all ages, including workshops for parents and their children. Acti-Sports MRC de Coaticook promotes physical activity and sports among residents of the Coaticook region.
Other activities are also regularly organized for parents and their children, including the Fête régionale de la famille, which celebrates families and their newborns. This yearly gathering of young families, coordinated by the Coaticook MRC, is held in December and has been a regional attraction for more than 25 years! The event is organized as an enjoyable occasion for both the hundreds of children in attendance and their parents, who can stop by various information booths to find out more about the region’s organizations and services. As an added bonus, attendees can enter to win several thousand dollars’ worth of prizes each year.
The Coaticook region’s 12 municipalities have adopted family and senior policies in order to take into account the needs and well-being of regional families. Each municipality offers different programs and measures with various incentives. We invite you to consult the municipalities’ respective websites to learn more about these programs.