Maisons des jeunes
MAISON DES JEUNES DE COATICOOK – youth centre
The Maison des jeunes de Coaticook, nicknamed La Mayz, is a welcoming hub for young people 12 to 17 years old wishing to join a rich and vibrant local community. Its leaders organize a plethora of activities, events and workshops geared toward guiding and empowering young people on the journey to becoming active, critically thinking and responsible citizens.
MAISON DES JEUNES DE WATERVILLE – youth centre
Waterville is also home to a youth centre called Les Pacifistes, which offers the same services.
Regional youth organizations
Other organizations working with youth in the region:
- Les Cercles de jeunes ruraux,
- The Cadets,
- The 5e Groupe Scout MRC de Coaticook
- The recreation services of the MRC de Coaticook
- The Centre d’action bénévole de la MRC de Coaticook (CAB) volunteer centre which, among other things, encourages young people to contribute to the well-being of their community. The centre is always looking for volunteers to play a helping role in various regional events and organizations.
- Across the region, 14 professional and volunteer sports and recreation organizations are available, covering a wide array of interests.
URBAN CIRCUIT : CITY OF COATICOOK
The town of Coaticook is serviced by an urban transportation circuit. A transportation service known as Acti-Bus runs from Sunday to Saturday, according to summer and regular hours. We invite you to consult the schedule to find out more.
REGIONAL CIRCUIT : COATICOOK – COMPTON – SHERBROOKE
Acti-Bus also offers a daily route, namely Coaticook – Compton – Sherbrooke, for all regional residents wishing to travel to these locations for their work or studies. Students requiring transportation to the Cégep de Sherbrooke enjoy discounted rates.